MIST NOZZLE AND FOG NOZZLES
Fog and Misting Spray Nozzles
The full cone or hollow cone pattern produced by many nozzles will break down into a fine fog or mist for a certain distance from the nozzle orifice. A fine mist or fog pattern is characterized by having a low flow rate of very small water droplet particles. Typically this pattern will be used for evaporation cooling, moistening or humidifying applications.
Fog, mist or spray? Whats suitable for your purpose?
Whether a given discharge is classified as a fog, mist or a spray depends up on the mean droplet size of the water particle.
- Dry fogs will have Sauter mean droplet sizes of between 10-20 microns
- Wet fogs will have Sauter mean droplet sizes of between 20 and 30 microns
- Mists with have Sauter mean droplet sizes of between 30 and 60 microns
- Anything above 60 microns would be spray.
A hydraulic nozzle will produce finer and finer droplets as liquid pressure is raised. So a nozzle that produces a mist at 10 bar pressure may well produce a fog spraying at 20 bar pressure. This means the term fog nozzle and misting nozzle are generally interchangeable as the same nozzle may well be able to produce both a mist or a fog depending on the operating pressure. Higher the pressure, lesser the water droplet size.
High Pressure Mist NozzleRs.185.00
Industrial Mist NozzleRs.195.00
Mist Nozzle for Dust SuppressionRs.185.00
mist nozzle for outdoor coolingRs.185.00
Low Pressure Water Mist Nozzle 8 mm Push FitRs.145.00
Sanitizer Anti-drip Low Pressure Mist spray NozzleRs.155.00 – Rs.165.00
Low Pressure Push fit mist nozzle indiaRs.100.00 – Rs.155.00
Mist / Fog nozzle design variants
There are three common designs of hydraulic misting nozzle:
- Small orifice misting nozzles operate by forcing fluid through a very small orifice. The sheering forces break the fluid into fine droplets.
- Impingement misting nozzles operate impacting the fluid on pin just underneath the exit orifice. This breaks the liquid into very fine droplets.
- In addition to the above nozzles, Air Atomising nozzles are also commonly used for mist and fog generation. Air Atomizing Nozzles pneumatic nozzles use compressed air to break apart the fluid being sprayed allowing for very fine atomisation even at low fluid pressures. Air atomising nozzles can produce a variety of different initial spray patterns but due to the fine droplet size at a certain distance from the nozzle these will form fogs or mist.
Misting nozzles create a very fine mist or fog. Droplets are typically small enough allowing drops to float. Misting nozzles function in cooling by atomizing pressurized water into aerosol particles. so it can be used in wide range of application.
NATURE AND USES OF MISTING NOZZLES:
Here are some key characteristics, advantages and details of the misting nozzle:
When the water flows through the nozzles, it evaporates. This process is known as flash evaporation. It is because of this process of flash evaporation that the mist is created, which is responsible for cooling the area.
Some misting nozzles also contain a filtration system that can catch hold of the fine sediment particles that may lead to clogging. A few high quality nozzles have a dual filter system.
One thing that has to be kept in mind is that these nozzles have to be regularly cleaned. Not doing so may lead to severe clogging. Moreover, if broken, they would have to be changed or replaced.
When cleaning a nozzle, it is advisable to remove it and keep it in a bowl containing a solution of vinegar and water. These can also prove to be efficient in eliminating debris, if any.
If you opt to clean the nozzles with the vinegar solution, make sure you soak the nozzle overnight. After doing this, all you need to do is remove the sediment particles with a slight tap. In order to get rid of clogging, you can use a brush or a smooth cloth rather than a sharp implement.
There are two popular basic types of mist nozzles that are available in the market – brass and ceramic. The brass nozzles are entirely made of brass and have stainless steel tips and are known for providing reliable performance for a long time. Ceramic nozzles a made through a combination of a ceramic insert or entirely with ceramic material. These nozzles are commonly used along with high pressure misting fans to provide the finest mist possible.
These nozzles come in variety of orifice sizes. They are effective even at extreme PSI levels varying from 30 to 1500.
Low pressure misting nozzles come in many different forms of quality; make sure that your nozzles are brass with a stainless steel insert tip. Many companies sell cheaper, plastic nozzles and brass nozzles without a stainless steel tip and the quality is not as good.
All our nozzles are manufactured using industry standard materials. so our nozzles lasts longer.
- Dust Control and Suppression
- Gas Scrubbing
- Cleaning / Washing
- Climate Control
- Greenhouse and Gardens
- Poultry and Livestock Housing
- Pest & Disease Control
- Odor control
Tags: Mist Nozzle manufacturers in India, mist nozzle suppliers in India, fog nozzle manufacturers and suppliers, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Gurgoan, fog mist spray nozzle, water mist nozzle, industrial mist nozzle fogger, mist spray nozzle